On August 21, 2016, Fight Colorectal Cancer (Fight CRC) advocates will hike Longs Peak Mountain, located in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Colorado. Longs Peak towers over all other summits in Rocky Mountain National Park and is one of the Colorado’s most popular mountains to hike.
Over the next year, Fight CRC will promote and encourage health and wellness within the colorectal cancer community. The hike will be one of many events where we encourage advocates to get out and move! This hike is about giving hope, encouragement and camaraderie amongst colorectal survivors and those touched by this disease.
About Longs Peak Mountain:
Longs Peak stands proudly as Colorado's northernmost fourteener. It is unquestionably the monarch of the Front Range and northern Colorado. It is not only the highest peak in Rocky Mountain National Park and Boulder County, but it is also the 15th highest peak in Colorado. It's close proximity to Denver and its pure majesty make it the most popular climbing mountain in the state. The Keyhole Route described below is the most climbed route of any fourteener route in the state and is a true classic climb. It is not uncommon to have over 100 people on the summit at a time on a busy summer weekend, and long lines of people following each other up and down the mountain, often too close for comfort. The Keyhole route will attract several thousand climbers every summer. Routes up the mountain range from the Class 3 Keyhole to the Hornsby's Direct Route rated at 5.8. There are several trailheads, but most routes and variations start from the Longs Peak Trailhead.
Longs Peak Mountain Information:
Packing List Information:
- Arrive in Estes Park, CO on August 20, 2016 - which is about 76 miles from Denver International Airport). Estes Park is the nearest city to Longs Peak Mountain.
- The group will stay overnight in Estes Park
- Suggested hotel accommodations: Best Western Hotel
- August 21, 2016 - The group will meet in hotel parking lot of Best Western Hotel at 3:00 am MST
- Head to Longs Peak Mountain at 3:15 am MST
- Arrive at Longs Peak Mountain and begin hike at 3:45 am MST
- Hike will be completed between 3 pm – 5 pm MST
- Group Dinner in Estes Park, CO and then depart at your leisure
- Suggested hotel accommodations in Denver, CO: Holiday Inn
For additional information, please contact Andi Dwyer (303) 877-6342 or Chad Schrack (419) 606-1575.
Special thanks to a few of our sponsors:
- Kuni Honda - http://www.kuni-honda.com/
- Udderly Smooth - http://www.udderlysmooth.com